Tuesday 11 March 2008

Are you getting enough sleep?



If I don't sleep between 8-9 hours a night I find that I have problems waking up in the morning and even start to fall asleep in some of my classes! Last year I didn't sleep enough and my grades went down.
Sometimes I feel tired at about 10 o'clock at night, but then if I am on the net chatting I start to feel better and don't feel at all tired. On the weekend I stay up very late and then I sleep until lunch time. I feel like a vampire! Sleeping in the day and being awake in the night.
I know that I shoud go to bed earlier and have a healthier routine. The doctor told me that sleep helps you stay healthy, concentrate better and helps you re-energize after physcal activities like sports. He said we only grow properly when we sleep. Anyway I think I need to start going to bed earlier and stop living like a vampire.

http://kidshealth.org

(abridged and adapted)

No comments: